Thursday 30 April 2015

Vintage Rose Card and Box


I had a card to make for a special person who really appreciates handmade things and understands the work that is put into them. As anyone who understands knows you don't mind pulling out all the stops making something special for someone like that.

I used the Debbi Moore Designs Vintage Rose cd collection for this card and used the box disc to print out the papers for that too.


The tag on the box was from one of the topper sheets which I then used Distress Ink Peacock Feathers around the edges and Nuvo Crystal Drops Pearl Drops in the middle of the heart where there was a picture of a pearl.

I attached a ribbon from my stash above the tag to add some texture.


In the opposite corner of the lid of the box a two butterflies which I used Debbi Moore Designs Crystal Print Magic on the wings to add a little sparkle to the box.


I lined the bottom of the box with paper printed from the Vintage Rose cd.


The card is a 6" x 6" card. The backing paper was distress with Distress Ink Vintage Photo around the edges.


I used some cream crocheted lace down the left hand side with a boarder down the middle of the ribbon from the printed paper edged with Distress Ink Peacock Feathers. 



I made the flowers using a Spellbinders Die on paper that I printed on both sides.


I used Distress Ink Peacock Feathers on the edges of the petals. The leaves are made using a Heartfelt Creations set of stamps and dies. 

The pins were made by using some faceted crystals and pearls in my stash.


The topper was printed from the Debbi Moore Designs Vintage Rose cd.

I put a square of Centura Pearl paper cut from a Tonic die in the center of the topper before putting the sentiment which was put on with 3d foam pads to give the card a bit more dimension on the opposite side to the flowers.

The sentiment and topper are edged in Distress Ink Vintage Photo. A faux pearl was put in the center of both the hearts to cover the printed pearls that were on the topper.


This photo just show the finished card standing on the box.

This card was very well received so worth all the time it took to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment